International Journal of Human Movement and Sports Sciences Vol. 9(5), pp. 905 - 911
DOI: 10.13189/saj.2021.090511
Reprint (PDF) (413Kb)


Study of Service Ability in Sepaktakraw (Effect Leg Muscle Power, Flexibelity and Self Confidence of Service Abilities)


Didin Tohidin , Endang Sepdanius *, Ahmad Arhadni Putra
Sport Science Study Program, Faculty of Sport Science, Universitas Negeri Padang, Indonesia

ABSTRACT

Service is the basic technique in the Sepaktakraw game. Serve is the initial attack to earn points. To be successful in the implementation of this special technique in Sepaktakraw, a good physical condition and good psychological condition are needed. To see the effect of physical conditions and psychological conditions that have a direct and indirect effect on the ability to serve Sepaktakraw, a research on the ability to serve Sepaktakraw was carried out. The research method used is a quantitative method using a Path Analysis approach. The study population was the athletes of West Sumatra Sepaktakraw. The sampling technique was carried out by means of positive sampling and obtained 40 sepaktakraw athletes. The data obtained will be processed using data analysis techniques with the Path Analysis approach. The research instrument used are vertical jump for leg muscle explosive power, stand and rich test for flexibility, self-confidence questioner for self-confidence and service ability test instrument for service skill. The results showed that leg muscle explosive power has a direct effect on serviceability by 10.1%, flexibility has a direct effect on serviceability amounting to 39.81%, and self-confidence has a direct effect on serviceability amounting to 6.81%. Influence of explosive power through self-confidence on the service ability of sepaktakraw athletes is 19.2%. Influence of flexibility on serviceability through confidence in sepaktakraw athletes is 18.1%, and the influence of the variable explosive power, flexibility and self-confidence had an effect on serviceability amounting to 49.6%. However, the remaining 50.4% is influenced by other factors.

KEYWORDS
Leg Muscle Power, Flexibility, Self-confidence, Service Abilities

Cite This Paper in IEEE or APA Citation Styles
(a). IEEE Format:
[1] Didin Tohidin , Endang Sepdanius , Ahmad Arhadni Putra , "Study of Service Ability in Sepaktakraw (Effect Leg Muscle Power, Flexibelity and Self Confidence of Service Abilities)," International Journal of Human Movement and Sports Sciences, Vol. 9, No. 5, pp. 905 - 911, 2021. DOI: 10.13189/saj.2021.090511.

(b). APA Format:
Didin Tohidin , Endang Sepdanius , Ahmad Arhadni Putra (2021). Study of Service Ability in Sepaktakraw (Effect Leg Muscle Power, Flexibelity and Self Confidence of Service Abilities). International Journal of Human Movement and Sports Sciences, 9(5), 905 - 911. DOI: 10.13189/saj.2021.090511.